Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wanderlust? Makeup travel essentials.

Sooooo I just went to Vegas last weekend and as I was unpacking my stuff, I decided that I wanted to show you guys my travel makeup essentials! These are all items I use to keep my baggage at a minimum while traveling :)



This cosmetic bag is pretty much my lifesaver! It holds everything I need while still looking sleek! My sister got this for me from Tory Burch.


It might be hard to believe, but all of these items fit into this bag perfectly!


My staple products (in the order in which I apply makeup):

-NYX Pore Filler face primer
-Urban Decay Naked foundation. I usually pack a fairly lightweight foundation so I can wear it day or night. Just be sure to pack a great concealer! :)
-Sheer-cover concealer duo (do not let the name fool you. You get great coverage out of this!
-NARS Light-Reflecting Pressed Powder. A translucent powder is a must especially if you plan to go out for a long time and have oily skin like me. Glowy is cute, greasy is not.
-Benefit brow kit
-MAC eyeshadow palette (not pictured here but this is the point in which I put on eyeshadow. Also, side-note, I normally wouldn't travel with this much eyeshadow for only 3 days but I planned to do a lot of my friend's makeup and also it's Vegas so I thought, go hard or go home.
-Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in Zero. I honestly think you can get a great effect with a great pencil and some black eyeshadow so I don't even bother bringing liquid and/or gel liners.
-Urban Decay Cannonball mascara (it's definitely not as hard to remove as everyone says it is. I use the Almay makeup removing pads and they work perfectly fine and I never thought they were anything special or heavy-duty)
-Clinique bottom-lash mascara. This stuff is amazing! It has the tiniest brush to get all of your lower lashes and I don't know what they put into this formula but it doesn't smudge through oil, sweat, or tears and it's easy to remove as well.
-NARS Danmari blush palette. This palette is amazing as it is pretty much all inclusive. It has 4 blushes and a bronzer that I use for contouring and a highlight. Though this was limited edition last Christmas, they came out with another one this year with gorgeous shades as well and the same layout. This is so much more convenient than bringing 3 separate products.
-Smith's Strawberry lip balm. Because girl, crusty lips are not your friend! Especially as it gets colder we have to pay even more attention to our lips and skin in general.


I personally always take 3 lip colors: 1 nude, 1 red, and 1 berry. That way I can drastically change up my took depending on what I'm feeling.
(From L-R: Loreal; Fairest Nude, Revlon JBKBS; Crush, and Revlon; Mauvy Night all of which were featured on my Top 10 fall lip colors!)

Hope you guys enjoyed seeing some of my makeup travel essentials! I plan to do another post on all of the tools and brushes I take with me as well! If you have any further questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks for putting up with me <3
-Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment