Saturday, October 19, 2013

My very first photo shoot!

So on Friday I did makeup for a photo shoot for the first time! It was my first truly professional job. It was extremely scary but I had so much fun and the designer seemed to approve of my work. This was not for any big fashion company or anything but it was just so cool to be a part of something like that. It was for a clothing line's online store called Jazzmin (check out the website for photos from the shoot coming soon) The designer is a friend of my mom's and has seen my work before but it was still such a surprise when she asked me as she usually hires a professional makeup artist and I feel like I am far from professional. She made my hobby seem like an actually attainable profession and I will always be grateful for that. Auntie Janis, if you ever read this, thank you so much for always encouraging me and supporting me and for trusting me enough to give me this opportunity. It honestly solidified the fact that this is definitely what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Enough of the mushy stuff, here are some photos from the shoot! :)



Okay so here are some close-ups of the model's makeup. Her name is Shelby LeDuff and she's such a sweet girl. I didn't get any before pictures (because I was nervous and wasn't thinking fully) but she looks great without makeup also :)

Products used:
-Hourglass Immaculate foundation
-MAC pro-longwear concealer in nc30 (for under the eyes)
-Rimmel Stay Matte powder
-MAC blush in Harmony (contour)
-MAC blush in Ripe for Love
-Benefit High Beam highlighter
-Benefit brow powder in Medium
-NARS eyeshadow primer
-Maybelline Color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (all over the lid up to the crease)
-MAC eyeshadows in Patina (all over the lid) and Phloof (inner corner highlight)
-Lorac pro-palette eyeshadows in Taupe and Sable (blended into the crease) and Cream (highlight under the brow)
-MAC pencil eyeliner in Coffee (lower lash line)
-Maybelline gel eyeliner in Blackest Black (upper lash line)
-Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
-Loreal lipstick in Fairest Nude
-Benefit lipgloss in On the A List

Sorry for not taking more photos at different angles up close! I promise I'm going to get better at this :)



Some sneak peeks from the shoot! ;)


Not going to lie, the food was a great perk of the job! Delicious food from California Chicken Cafe! :)



And I will leave you with some photos of me touching up Shelby's makeup on-set. It was such a fun day and it went by so quickly! I feel so lucky to have gotten this opportunity and to think that this is just the beginning absolutely amazes me. 

Thanks for putting up with me <3
-Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment